Unfortunately, there are many non-secure bingo sites that are spreading across the Internet. Such sites have low security and insecure payment methods that can cause compromising of the personal data of bingo players. To help you find the most trusted bingo sites, we’ve wrapped up the most important factors to make sure your bingo site is trustworthy.
Online Bingo Sites
Before we begin, let us share the best and the most trusted online bingo sites out there. Thanks to the popularity of bingo games, the internet community found an opportunity to take advantage of the people’s interest and release non-secure bingo sites. We realize this and that’s why we’re very picky when choosing the best online bingo sites. The sites we recommend at Bingo Scanner are tested and proved to be secure, with licenses for security and transparent gaming.
What are the factors that determine whether an online bingo site can be trusted or not?
Fair & Transparent Terms
The most trusted bingo sites have fair and transparent terms and conditions, as well as clearly specified wagering requirements with the required amount to wager. Moreover, these sites allow players to easily find the terms and requirements, as well as the information on the RTP of the games. If you visit a bingo site that doesn’t have any wagering requirements or terms & conditions, leave it because it’s definitely not safe.
Protection of Funds
Licensed bingo sites will always have written about what protocols they use to protect and secure the funds of their site. Funds are the most important aspect when it comes to online bingo. And online bingo providers must provide a secure gaming environment where all of the deposited funds will be properly protected. All online bingo sites with a UK license are obliged to keep the money of the players in a separate account, but this doesn’t guarantee that a player will get back their money if a bingo site goes down. That’s why fund protection is necessary, and those sites that have such regulations are completely trustworthy. There are three types of funds protection:
- Basic (Non-Protected) - this type of protection keeps the player’s funds in a separate account but in case of insolvency they would be treated as part of the business;
- Medium - this type of protection has an arrangement (for example, a bank guarantee or insurance) with players to ensure them that they will be paid in case of insolvency;
- High - and finally, the highest level of fund protection keeps the player’s funds in a legally segregated account that is controlled by an independent person that will make sure that nothing happens to the business.
If a bingo site has customer support service, it shows that the site puts the needs of the players in the first place. Therefore, reliable customer service makes a reliable and trusted bingo site. For that reason, when you go to a bingo site where you want to play, don’t forget to check if it has customer service. Customer service can be in the form of live chat or a customer support system which makes sure that the players’ issues are dealt with on time. The bingo sites are intended to the players, so it’s necessary for a bingo site to have customer support which will be available to help the players anytime. A trusted bingo site has 24/7 support system, answers the live chat and emails quickly, and have a UK postal address.
Another very important feature of a trustworthy bingo site is data security and protection. In fact, the steps taken by a bingo site to provide data security should be one of the first factors you look at. The best bingo sites are monitored by organizations whose job is to make sure that everything is legal, comply with laws and regulations and use the latest software updates. Such sites have a dedicated section where they write all actions they take to keep your data safe. You can also do research on the web to see what people are saying about the site you’re interested in playing.
If you have any complaints about a bingo site, the first step is to complain to the site itself. If they cannot resolve your complaint, the next step is to go to the ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider) that is specified in the bingo site’s terms and conditions. However, the best bingo sites are the ones that resolve complaints in the first step, so we’re getting back to customer service! The bingo sites with great customer service will resolve your complaints without any additional issues.
Tools for Responsible Gaming
A trusted and secure bingo site will offer many tools for responsible gaming and information that explains what the law requires. Here are some of the most important responsible gaming tools:
- Deposit limits - the best bingo sites have systems that allow you to limit the amount that you can deposit in your account if you want;
- Loss limits - similar to deposits, this tool allows you to limit the amount of money that you can lose in a given period of time;
- Take a Break - this tool allows you to not be allowed to play online bingo games for a given period of time that can last from 1 day to 6 weeks;
- Self-exclusion - in case you need to be excluded from the ability to bet, the most trusted bingo sites have this tool that allows you to ask for self-exclusion that can last from 6 to 12 months;
- GAMSTOP - this tool enables self-exclusion not only from one site but from every UK gaming site with a UK license.
Licences & Regulations
Of course, licensed bingo sites go much higher than the unlicensed ones, and they are always held accountable for their actions. If you’re looking to play bingo on a UK site that is fully licensed, you should always look for a site that is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
A great and trustworthy bingo site will always take care of its brand reputation and will want to keep it. Bingo sites are focused on the players, so how players see a site makes the site’s brand reputation. A great brand reputation means that players trust the bingo site and feel good playing bingo games on it. You should always look for such bingo sites, by reading reviews and feedback by the players.